A: Unicorns don’t exist.
- A premature jump to design and implementation
- Dodging a hard or open question relating to requirements
- Unclear understanding of system inputs and dependencies
- Unclear business objectives
- Implementation bias towards “hot new technology” or pet solution
- Is an ungulate monoceros currently in scope?
- Unicorn? Interesting… What is it the unicorn does that pleases you? (Use the description of the unicorn to glean the underlying requirements)
- What is the business objective that the unicorn will help acheive? Is the unicorn the only way to do so? Why? (Again, use the description to glean the underlying requirements)
- What are the inputs and outputs of this system? Do they currently exist? (Be especially gentle with this one– people can get a little upset when they have to face reality that maybe unicorns won’t be able to solve the problem.